once upon a time there was a little baby shithead. baby shitheads dream of big things, as all true shitheads do. they aspire to dance yrself clean, who doesnt? it should show. it should show. so the baby shitheads aspire and then they get their hopes up, theres broken hearts fucking everywhere,…
overall my year included a lot of: libras and lsd (if i was lucky, in combination).
i like the idea of top 10’s, but hey just for fun, were gonna bump it up to 11.
top 11 live shows: 1. broken social scene w issac brock - warfield sf - october
the first last show ever w issac brock? epic setlist, epic guests, so good i had to get a tattoo the next day.
2. andrew bird - the santa cruz rio - january
front row or i dont go. seated which was weird but beautiful. setlist is in my shrine.
3. modest mouse - the gorge - may
second time seeing modest mouse, mighta been my love for the situation, teary eyed for sure.
4. explosions in the sky - treasure island - october
second time seeing exploz (pretty sure i saw them the same year as modest mouse at sasquatch). front row, melting my face off with this cute leo who had my same birthday. words cant express the melt.
5.tycho - independent sf // bumbershoot - october//may
visuals and beats couldnt have lived anymore symbiotically. chatted it up with the during the four tet after dark set, living the dream? yeah thx dr gonzo.
6. animal collective - arcata community center - april
molly and a cute libra will do the trick. weird show, weird night, utter bliss.
7. beach house - treasure island - october
forth time around ( sf ‘08, sasquatch ‘09, sasquatch ‘11, treasure island ‘11) was simply amazing. amazing to watch the band evolve. victorias voice and the sun setting on the city by the bay, uhh yeah. post trip bliss.
8. hot buttered rum/greensky bluegrass
mushies and the crystal bay club. weird. cool. trippy. i love a good grateful dead cover, and you guys got it. turn on your love light.
9. minus the bear - slims sf - november
minus the bear playing highly refined pirates in its entirety, enough said.
10. my morning jacket - fox oakland - june
fox oakland is amazing. i had just broken my elbow but was still gettin down. plus m ward was there, sick??
11. gold panda - independent sf//the gorge - october//may
way to bring the trippy. concrete visuals, yeah fucking yeah.
punch brothers - golden gate park - october
four tet - bumbershoot - seattle
washed out - sasquatch - may
com truise - bumbershoot - seattle
cut copy - treasure island - october
top 11 new albums // 2 dope tracks
1. tycho -dive // adrift. a walk.
2. explosions in the sky - take care, take care, take care // postcard from 1952. last known surroundings.
3. cut copy - zonoscope // this is all we got. hanging on to every heart beat.
4. starfucker - reptillians// mona vegas. the white of noon.
5. four tet - fabric59 // street halo. pyramid.
6. battles - gloss drop // wall street. futura
7. my morning jacket - crucial // the day is coming. holdin on to black metal.
8. com truise - cyanide sisters // innerfacer. norkuy.
9. cold war kids - mine is yours // louder than ever. royal blue.
10. charles bradley - no time for dreaming // golden rule. i believe in your love.
11. pictureplane - thee physical // body mod. black nails.
black joe lewis and the honey bears - scandalous// booty city. shes so scandalous.
gang gang dance - eye contact // glass jar. mind killa
“You realize that people take drugs because it’s the only real personal adventure left to them in their time-constrained, law-and-order, property-lined world. It’s only in drugs or death we’ll see anything new, and death is just too controlling.”—― Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
“The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.”—CP
“What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.”—cp